Today we face new issue relate to listener, so wanted to share with you same. We imported the dump into fresh blank copy of tha database and just chages IP of th server so that application configaration will not impacted. But when we swap the IP of both server we get the error while starting the listener.
LSNRCTL for Linux: Version 10.2.0.1.0 – Production on 21-SEP-2011 12:54:12
Copyright (c) 1991, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.
Welcome to LSNRCTL, type “help” for information.
Starting /u01/app/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1//bin/tnslsnr: please wait…
TNSLSNR for Linux: Version 10.2.0.2.0 – Production
System parameter file is /u01/app/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/network/admin/listener.ora
Log messages written to /u01/app/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/network/log/listener.log
Error listening on: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=EXTPROC1)))
TNS-12555: TNS:permission denied
TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
TNS-00525: Insufficient privilege for operation
Linux Error: 1: Operation not permitted
Listener failed to start. See the error message(s) above…
1) Ensure that /tmp/.oracle or /var/tmp/.oracle directory exists.
2) Confirm that the DBA user who is trying to start the listener has adequate read and write permissions on the directory specified above. The permissions should be 777.
3) If the /tmp directory has reached full capacity, this would cause the listener to fail to write the socket files.
To implement the solution, please use the following example:
1. cd /var/tmp
2. Check the whether the .oracle directory exists:
3. If the directory does not exist, request the System Administrator create the directory and set the ownership as root:root with the permissions set to 01777
chmod 01777 /var/tmp/.oracle
chown root /var/tmp/.oracle
chgrp root /var/tmp/.oracle
4. Next try starting the TNS Listener using the ‘lsnrctl start <listener_name>’ command.
I Hope this article helped to you. I am expecting your suggestions/feedback.
It will help to motivate me to write more articles….!!!!
Thanks & Regards,
“Key for suceess, always fight even knowing your defeat is certain….!!!!”